SCENE TWO
- Tian: Face the audience, stop saying erm, it's not in your character or the script.
- Gavin: Excellent, believable characterisation, using voice, physicality and playing the given circumstances, playing it big!
- The Ferdinand scene needs faster pace
- More projection from all
- Characterisation is good so far!
- When forgetting a line however, people slip out of character, just take a moment for it to come back.
- Vocal support in the diaphragm is needed.
- Jordan: Don't rush your lines.
- Don't rely on a prompt; there won't be one in the show. When you require one in rehearsal, BE POLITE.
- Tian: Occasional random shouting, but energy and vocals have improved very much.
- Gavin: Let there be a connection when Molly undoes your chain; look at her.
- Molly: Voice doesn't carry over the music, support.
- STOP COMING OUT OF CHARACTER
- Masking each other; remember the staging.
SCENE THREE
- Saffron's dragging Tom on was abysmal, perhaps need to rework that between them.
- Tom: Character & projection: More of it, I can see you taking the piss.
- Jonah: Speak up & out.
- Phoebe: More projection, otherwise good character.
- You bring down the whole scene if you pull down everyone else with your bad energy. Don't be a selfish actor, just because you cant be bothered.
- Alex: Sort out your entrance
- This is boring to watch: energy, pace, character is DESPERATELY NEEDED.
- (At this stage a few people were taking the piss so I said:) I hope you all realise that the show is TOMORROW and we haven't done a single run-through without stopping.
- Jordan: Ariel's entrance was great.
- There is a fantastic change in energy when Gonzalo leaps on Alonzo.
SCENE FOUR
No-one made notes for us but notes I'd give myself would be projection. not getting distracted by people talking at the sides and trying not to make the energy seem forced.
SCENE FIVE
- Cameron: Try not to trip up on your lines, perhaps take your time a little if you feel you're rushing for pace.
- Projection is needed, fill the space in the theatre.
- Cam/Mol: There is a much better chemistry between you too, lost some of that awkwardness.
- This scene is pleasant to watch.
- Don't freak out when you trip on a line it's not the end of the world.
SCENE SIX
(Amaya took some notes for us:)
- When Caliban speaks explore all 3 sides (steph & trinc), All way through the scene actualy.
- Sarah: More projection/ bigger character at times
- Overall generally lovely.
SCENE 7
- Be aware of your Queues
- More volume
- Energy is dropping because you're bored of rehearsing is ridiculous in my opinion, get over it and get on with it.
- Jordan: Fantastic characterisation and everything, the monologue is fantastic.
- Bigger reactions from the rest
- Lost: Carry on screaming for a bit longer
- Jonah: Superb acting, nice character.
SCENE 8
- It feels and looks like no-one can be bothered.
- It's painful to watch in places.
- We need to rework the transition between rhythms at the wedding for the Lost.
- Moyo: Fantastic, this is the energy we need, with one scream she picked up the whole scene.
- Losing some energy from the Lost.
- Bigger movement from Goddesses on Juno's enterance.
- Cam/Mol: Good chemistry.
I ceased to make notes as it went on to my scene and then after that the whole thing went down hill if I'm honest. It was irretrievable. However, I know that we can all do it because we all saw moments of brilliance in everyone. The only issue here was laziness, which I'm sure won't be a problem when we are in front of an audience. I am slightly worried about the show tomorrow, but I am going to stop myself, as the only person I will worry about from now is myself, and my own character.
No comments:
Post a Comment